Saturday, October 13, 2007

Late night boredom

So with my husband on the couch, at least he wasn't snoring, and LeNelle having gone off to bed, I was left Self Googling & then quickly started looking for old high school friends.

This all started because LeNelle was trying to come up with a user name for a job site and didn't want something very search-able so I googled her first choice & found some funny shit - mostly tags for Boston news stories but just going by headlines you can gather quite a few assumptions about who LeNelle is. Which I found hysterical, LeNelle, not so much. So then I googled my AIM screen name & only came back with 10 hits! WOOT! I'm more under the radar than she is! And one of the hits was from this HORRIBLE crab shack we went to in Fairfax way back when, when our relationship was still new & the food was horrible. And I actually wrote a review about it. I found that endearing and this started my googling of other screen names I have had & then onto looking for old friends.

A few years ago, I stumbled upon my old friend's, Clark, work email address & I emailed him & it really was him & we got to talking again and this that and the other. He had just had a baby boy & was married to a woman who had a child from another marriage, I wasn't married yet so we did some catching up then life took off & we fell back out of touch. Around that same time, I got a random ass email about someone buying a condo in San Diego but it was from Linda, one of my high school (Leland Lesiters!) girlfriends so I emailed her back basically saying, somehow you got the wrong Jennifer but hey it's me! We caught up & then fell out of touch again somehow. Last night, I emailed Clark at his work address but it got returned as no longer valid - little bugger went and got a new job! So I googled him & found his new email address :) And sent another email! Did the same with Linda but her's is Hotmail so maybe it hasn't changed (didn't get bounced back) but also maybe it has gone the way of spam folder demise...

And less than 12 hours later & I haven't heard from anyone! HA! I think I have Iqbal's email that Christina passed along to me & I think she's caught me up on Steve's life these days...I have never been able to find anyone else though - minus my two boyfriends (Julio & Scott) who are both married now also. Don't any of these people keep blogs?!?!

I woke up this morning with a lovely little headache & a broken coffee maker. BOO! I stumbled down to get Liam his bottle & make coffee and when I hit ON, the little pretty red light came on & nothing happened. Nothing happened. No coffee! My less annoying when not snoring on the couch husband RAN to Dunkin' Donuts with the child (all bundled up in his ROOTS hoodie and socks over his PJs) to get coffee from their drive-thru! thankfully, we are not coffee-less because seriously, I don't know what I would have done. So now we have to go coffee-maker shopping & all I ask for is a stainless steel one & I'm quite sure they do not exist. White's fine, it matches the big appliances but I like all my others to be of the stainless variety of steel & it bugs the ever loving shit out of me to have ONE white appliance in my lovely sea of stainless steel.

1 comment:

Christina Schmidt said...

You are funny! I google people all the time which is how I have run into random people like Shelby and some others but it never seems to last... this staying in touch with old friends thing. :( Makes me sad but than I am glad I still get to stay in touch with you and I think there is ONE person out there and than I am glad for that!

Clark - did you remember that I used to swim with Clark and Anna before you met them!? San Jose was a small world, I think...

I totally fly under the radar when you google me... though I never thought to look up old screen names but I think mine are mostly the same if that makes sense!

I recently have been in touch with Steve and Ryan Sand again. That has been fun! Nice to catch up and it made me miss swimming a lot!

As for the coffee maker, I would sob uncontrollably if ours broke. 1st I love it and 2nd I am not sure we would buy such an expensive one the next time around - that one was a wedding gift.

HOWEVER, it is stainless steel looking and it has gone down in price since we got ours... here is the link but you can get it at Bed Bath and Beyond for sure: http://www.cuisinart.com/catalog/product.php?product_id=10&item_id=25&cat_id=3

Hope it helps!