Friday, October 12, 2007

Housekeeping Question!

I've had about enough of the milk on the hardwoods. Enough! Makes me want to pull out that taser that I don't own.

My question is what do y'all use on your hardwoods to get the milk up completely with no tell-tale residue shining back up at you? Right now, I use the Swiffer Hardwood stuff but it's not cutting it and by not cutting it, I mean, I'm done with sitting crossed legged and pulling myself around the main floor scouting out milk stains and scrubbing them off with a sponge. Of course, this is after I sweep up all the cat fur, bebe food & Matias is the cook remnants.

I'm done with it being a 3 part deal to clean the floor. And yes, I do wipe up the milk after he "spills" it so it's not a question of me not doing it right away.

A few qualifiers though first:

I do not like mops. I do not like to use a bucket or fill my sink. I do not like to wait for stuff to dry. And I do not like crawling around my kitchen cursing everyone else who lives here for making this mess for me. I would like to get it all clean with one product but I think the cats, my Liam's love for tossing things overboard instead of eating them, and my husbands inclination to get 1/2 of his preparations on the floor...so something beyond a broom please!

So far my favorite choice is A MAID.

5 comments:

Christina Schmidt said...

Hmm probably not the solution you are looking for but I usually wipe up the initial spill and than go back with a special floor rag and some all purpose cleaner and that seems to do the trick. However, we do not have REAL hardwood just laminate so I am not sure if the all purpose would work. In thinking about this further, I feel Pledge or some wood product that sprays would do just fine in place of the all purpose...

I am all for maid solution but I am having this moral issue with having someone I do not know in my house... I need to get over since I have clearance to hire a house keeper but I keep putting it off!

Anonymous said...

Here comes Mom! The hardwood floor people that refinished our kitchen floor said that water should be only way to clean a hardwood floor.I use to use a swiffer product but they leave a sticky residue. Mom

jennifer said...

Martha Focker. Does your cleaning service (see how I outed you there?!?!) use a bucket with that neato mop-thing I've seen them use?

Anonymous said...

Yes they do! once every two weeks, with just water ,and it does need cleaning in betweeen by Me! your mother!

jennifer said...

The Mom wants it noted that she cleans her floor in between the help coming AND that 41 years passed before she brought any help in.

:)