Monday, September 24, 2007

Patting my own back

I've been getting a TON of pages & albums completed in like the last month or so (maybe shorter...) & it's all so [nerdy] exciting for me :)

Here's what I've finished in like the past 3 weeks:

  • Our Honeymoon album (circa 2005)
  • Liam's FIRST birthday party album
  • GParent's Gift
  • PicFolio Minutes album - mainly done for showing at shows & such but I like it, of course, and have it on 'display' and switch the pages every other day or so
Here's what I've started in the past 3 weeks:

  • Our 2005 Family Album -cropped myself out of pictures in two crops! That amounted to Jan - March pictures.
  • Our 2005 Cape Lookout Album - completed about 30 or so pages in two crops! I will complete this album VERY soon, like maybe this weekend. It's smaller than I anticipated so upon completion I might rethink the whole "needs its whole album" line of thinking & might just go on and put it in our 2005 album depending on huge that sucker turns out to be.
  • Ordered our wedding pictures (that are in our album also) to start the album for my parents - they did not get a professional one in our package as they opted to let me create one for them. And yes, I'm only now getting started on it.
  • Organized older pictures of Mystic to pick up working on her "brag book"
  • Ordered May - August of 2005 pictures. It appears we did nothing in April...
  • Completed Red Rocks 2005 StoryBook but have not ordered it yet as I am waiting on the husband to "edit" it with me
  • Changed out the Everyday Easel to put VA TECH pictures in it!
Here's what I have coming up:

  • I got pregnant in 2005 so I will start my pregnancy album next which will include belly shots, showers & getting ready for bebe layouts
  • We went to NYC in the winter for DMB shows & I am putting off deciding if that will need its own album or not until I get through our Summer 2005 pages
  • 2006 Family Album
  • BabyMoon 2006 - this will take its own album since we were there for 10 days & took approximately 4590 pictures every day
  • Arrival of the Fellow & Beyond
  • Jen's Girlie Album documenting The Wedding - I have wanted to put together an album that has all the planning pictures & events documented in it that is separate from the wedding. Like showers, trying on dresses, luncheons, the Diva Dinner, etc. This will probably sit on the back burner until I can catch up
  • Another GParent's gift for Matias' family
Currently, I am back to working on TWO albums at a time :) I like being able to set one aside if I'm not "feeling it" & work on something that has inspired me for some reason at that moment. I find that if I'm bored with my pictures or the events that I don't like the work I do on the LO (industry term for Layouts) so that doesn't make for very good Memory Celebration ;)

I'm having a lot of fun with these albums & really do enjoy doing it - it is rarely "stressful" work for me so that's always refreshing! And since we got the new cutting system blades, I have been making circles & ovals out of record breaking amounts of pictures! Over two days' time, I circled or ovaled over a dozen pictures, were as in the last album (Honeymoon for those keeping track) I probably only did that many total in a gigantic album. And the new paper that I didn't think I would really use (Mod tone on tone), I have been using a LOT of! And I really HEART the new paisley shape maker - I swoon at all things paisley so this is prefect for me :)

OK time to stop blabbering away about this & get back to work!

2 comments:

Christina Schmidt said...

Hey girlie - 2 things. SO have not had a chance to look at the stuff you sent via e-mail but TY! I will do it soon hopefully. Also, I am SO bummed I never saw the e-mail from you about the DMB tickets for Indy. I was SO there. I had the okay from Kevin and he even checked with me about it right before the concert but I told him I assumed you could not find any tickets... BUMMED. Ah, at least there is next year, maybe?!

Ah, I would love if you had a chance to take some photos and post of the new pages you are doing. It was would be really cool to see the work that most love. Just a thought!

jennifer said...

As soon as I figure out how to take decent pictures of my pages I will totally post some :)

And just make plans for NEXT year! And be sure NOT to be pregnant during tour ;)