Friday, September 14, 2007

All Official Like

There's been a change to my acronym. I'm no longer a SAHM. But rather a WAHM!

About a month or so ago, my good girlfriend, Jennifer sent me a very flattering email which included a job offer. One that I really could not refuse. I've joined her team at SPARC (associated with the ARL) to help her in the marketing department, along with advocacy & lobbying for the Association of Research Libraries. As you can see, it's right up my alley & thankfully, Jennifer saw that too.

I work from home. I work my own set hours. I am only contracting at this point. I only work 15 hours a week - or however much work there is for me to do. This week I worked 5 hours but with it being my first week, it was somewhat light. I just deal with Jennifer, so I only need a computer & a phone. No expenses to claim or put out. No commute. No dress code. No time clock.

I get to be a SAHM who WORKS at home. I have been able to work during naps & plan on working after nighttime arrives.

Yes, I'm still doing Creative Memories also. I now have three jobs.

I'm very excited about all of this for various reasons...I get to do something I love, for someone I love, supporting an "industry" I love. I'm earning money - some of which will be put towards a cleaning service since my time during naps will be spent working, not cleaning. I'm using my brain. I'm being useful & needed by someone/something that doesn't require me to change their soiled pants. Do not ever think that I don't like changing the soiled pants but at times I found my mind getting somewhat stale, shall we say, and although I'm no Mensa member, I missed being part of Something that makes a difference outside of my house (for the time being Liam's impact on the World at Large is not so much, that's why I'm home priming him for All Things Great) so this works perfectly for me.

Jennifer is VERY mindful of my intentions & I love her for that. She doesn't want to give me too much to do & her first words over chat the other day were "you didn't drop everything to open excel, did you?" - I'm not sure what more I could ask for. Except maybe one of those MACbooks she speaks of when you are a FTE...

So, I've jumped back into the Library World & I am really truly excited to be back in that field - just seeing all the old school names warms my heart :) Cause I'm a dork like that!

I'm not sure what's going to happen to my Free Time though, we'll just have to wait and see about that one, I suppose.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congrats on the new job!