Saturday, March 24, 2007

You know what else I love?

I love LISTS. Love making them, crossing them off, tidying them up, typing them up, blogging about them, typing them so I can blog about them...ANYTHING. i HEART lists.

I have a notebook that I carry around with me, now it basically lives on my desk though, that is just ALL LISTS.

Here's a sampling of my lists in my List Notebook.

  • Foods Liam can eat at 8 months old
  • Bills due each month
  • Target
  • Things I need to stock up on at Bath & Body
  • What size clothes Liam is a different stores
  • Who gets pictures & cards lists
  • Things I want to blog about
  • a For Liam List with things such as the type of stroller we want or baby gates
  • Books I want
Then on my monitor I use a Post-It note for a WEEKLY To Do List & once I cross enough things off, I can make another one :)

What's on that list right now:

  • order cat food
  • CDN taxes
  • Dad - tools- reminder email
  • Dr. appt - Liam - 9 mos
  • Journal Storybook for G. Grandma
THEN if I have an "event" that will take up more than a Post-It note worth of space, I have a little pad of paper that I use for my larger lists - you saw that one earlier with My Things To Do Before G. Grandma Comes List.

And I do NOT throw out these notebooks. Oh heavens, no. I file them away. And choosing my next one is always a hard decision for me because I need some specific qualifications to be met...

  • spiral bound - since I'm a Lefty I need to be able to fold it over to write properly
  • lined
  • hard enough cover so that it "with stands" the pressure & stress I will put it under
  • LOOKS. Hardly the last thing on the list but usually the RIGHT ONE will make itself known to me rather quickly so it's usually not an issue.

No comments: