Saturday, November 3, 2007

And sometimes my husband REALLY gets me.

I should have written about this when he gave me the gift but I have a number of excuses to give as to why I haven't & you don't want to hear those, you want to hear How My Husband Gets Me, don't you?!

I'm staring at the card, that I've taped to my monitor, the card that he made me to go with my most awesomest gift. It's got Nixon on the front with a reel-to-reel recorder and the words "On the Record". The inside reads "Jen, Thanks for being such a great mother to Liam & such a great partner in life to me. Don't ever stop being a geek! Love - Matias" AWESOME card, right??

What could my gift be??

It was an ashtray from the WATERGATE HOTEL!!!

They are revamping it into condos & auctioned everything off & my wonderful husband managed to snag me an ashtray!! It's silver pewter with the Watergate insignia in the middle and Watergate Hotel, Washington DC written around it!!!

You have no idea just how excited this gift made me :) I need to take a picture of it to show off it's awesomeness :) So sometimes Matias is romantic in our own What Makes Us Perfect For Each Other kind of way & it's most usually out of the blue, which is extra points in just about everyone's book!

I've got it up on my bookshelf standing in front of all my Nixon books, proudly displayed for me to see throughout my days. And also, please note, in between my Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil monkey candles :)

2 comments:

Christina Schmidt said...

Dude, that is just COOL! Tell your husband he rocks!

jennifer said...

Let us not forget he is a Latino - no need for others to think he's wonderful too & tell him so ;)